June 25th, 2020
We are a Carrier Factory Authorized Dealer, and that gives us an important advantage when it comes to best serving our customers: we can get the finest in new Carrier cooling technology and pass it on to homeowners.
So we are proud to announce that we have started to offer installation of Carrier air conditioning units with Greenspeed® intelligence, such as the Infinity® 26 air conditioner. The Purl’s customers who had already had these systems installed have told us how much they love them. They’re not only energy-efficient with advanced humidity controls, but they run ultra-quietly—50% quieter than the competition. Comfort, savings, and peace of mind in one package.
As a bonus, these are all-electric systems, which means they work great with solar panels. Plenty of our customers in the Central Valley like to have solar panels installed on their roofs, and it’s simple for us to put in a Greenspeed® intelligence air conditioning system that makes maximum use of solar capabilities.
To find out more about having a Carrier air conditioning system with Greenspeed® installed in your home, call our team today.
Purl’s Sheet Metal & Air Conditioning: Quality Is the Cornerstone of Our Success.
June 19th, 2020
The Central Valley is looking at a scorching hot weekend ahead, with temperatures reaching triple-digit highs starting Friday! We are here to help if you need air conditioning repair, of course. We also have some advice for how you can keep cool and safe through these temperature extremes:
- Pull down the shades and close the shutters of windows around the house. This will help keep out radiant heat from the sun.
- Keep to the shade as much as possible if you do have to go out. If you must be in the sun, apply generous amounts of sunscreen (at least 15 SPF) and wear a wide-brimmed hat.
- Wear light, loose-fitting, light-colored clothes.
- Plan your day specifically around the peak heat times—11 a.m. to 5 p.m.—so you won’t be outdoors during the hottest periods.
- Avoid tasks such as cooking, running the washing machine, or doing laundry during the day. These generate large amounts of extra heat.
- Although cooling off with a shower can feel nice, too much extra moisture in the air will make the heat feel worse indoors.
- Keeps all pets inside or in the shade.
- Drink plenty of cool drinks to stay hydrated, and eat smaller cold meals such as salads and fruit. Avoid alcohol and caffeine, which can dehydrate you.
- Supplement your air conditioning system with fans to help create a cooling breeze.
- Do not push your air conditioning system too hard—maintain a 78°F setting on the thermostat during the day when people are home.
Purl’s Sheet Metal & Air Conditioning: Quality Is the Cornerstone of Our Success!
June 15th, 2020
One of the most common signs of something wrong with a central air conditioning system is short-cycling. This is when an air conditioner fails to complete a full cooling cycle and instead shuts down early, only to turn back on again a short time later. Short-cycling is bad news for a few reasons:
- It wastes power, resulting in higher utility bills
- It puts extra strain on the AC, leading to an early replacement
- It doesn’t give the system enough time to spread cool air evenly around the house
Under normal circumstances, you can expect your home’s air conditioning system to run for 15 minutes or more before it cycles down. If you notice that it’s running for shorter times than this and you hear it turn on multiple times in an hour, you should look into it. Sometimes short-cycling is a simple issue to correct. But in many cases, you’ll need to call technicians to diagnose what’s happening and then handle the necessary air conditioning repair in Fresno, CA.
May 19th, 2020
We understand you have a lot to handle right now. Scheduling regular air conditioning maintenance in Fresno, CA might seem like it’s something you can push off to next year. Everyone knows the feeling of thinking, “Oh, this can’t be that important. It can wait.”
We want to turn you away from this! Air conditioning system maintenance, even if done later in the spring or in early summer, is an essential job for your home comfort. You’ll be glad you had it done, because the consequences of skipping it are often steep.
What do we mean? Below are a few scenarios you may end up facing because your AC missed out on its routine check-up, cleaning, and adjustment from our HVAC professionals:
May 4th, 2020
We offer many different options for improving indoor air quality in the homes of our customers. It starts right with repairing the ventilation itself, which can harm indoor air quality if it is leaky or poorly designed. Our technicians also install many of the best IAQ devices that remove unwanted particles from the air, such as dust, lint, pollen, dander, chemicals, smoke, volatile organic compounds (VOCs), dust mites, and more.
Right now, many of our customers are inquiring about installing UV lights and air purifiers in Fresno, CA and elsewhere in the Central Valley. Ultraviolet air purifiers are an effective device against organic pollutants that may circulate through the air of a house. The UV rays from the lights in these purifiers disrupt the cellular structure of such harmful contaminants as bacteria, mold spores, viruses, and allergens; and neutralizes odors and harmful VOCs. UV air purifiers also stop mold growth inside HVAC systems, improving their energy efficiency and preventing the terrible odors from “dirty sock syndrome.” Unlike room air purifiers, the UV systems are central and clean the air throughout the house.
Air Purification systems such as the Carrier Infinity Air Purifier System treat 100% of the air flowing through the home comfort system. These systems use precision point ionization to charge particles as they enter the purifier. The particles are attracted to the air cartridge and then captured and killed.
April 20th, 2020
You need your water heater working steadily now more than ever. And that means it’s more important than ever to stay on top of potential water heater problems and their signs. The faster you schedule Fresno, CA water heater service when you think something is wrong, the faster and easier the repair job will be for our professionals. You don’t want to call for repairs after the water heater has failed—you want to get ahead of the problem.
As with heating and air conditioning systems, odd noises are one of the ways a water heater gives off warnings that something is wrong with it. Below we’ve listed the more common caution sounds you may hear from your water heater. Call us for assistance when you notice these noises. We’ll find out what’s wrong and have it fixed.
April 6th, 2020
Another summer approaches with hot weather for the Central Valley. You probably already have a lot on your mind handling spring preparations. We hope that one of those preparations is scheduling regular air conditioning maintenance. It is still the best way to ensure great air conditioning system performance and energy efficiency through the summer.
There are other preparations you may need to make for your HVAC system that will prep your house for the warmer weather. One of those is duct sealing and repair.
We recommend duct repair in Fresno, CA as soon as you believe you have ductwork issues. Poor ducts can make it harder to stay comfortable in summer—and comfortable affordably.
March 31st, 2020
Now that the first day of spring has come and gone, it’s time to shift priorities toward the warmer weather of the future—even though we’ll still experience cold bouts in the months to come.
In the HVAC world, spring means thinking about air conditioners. We’re a top provider for services for air conditioning in Fresno, CA and throughout the Central Valley. During spring, our most important AC service for our customers is routine air conditioning maintenance. It’s necessary to have this job done before the hot months arrive and you need the AC running. We know things may seem cramped right now, but we recommend calling us to talk about your options and the best time to provide this valuable tune-up and inspection.
March 20th, 2020
Coronavirus Alert – March 18, 2020
Dear Purl’s Sheet Metal & Air Conditioning Customers,
Purl’s Sheet Metal & Air Conditioning prides ourselves on being part of the communities we have served since 1952. You can count on us to continue to do our best to serve you. We understand we provide services that can be critical for people, and we are here to help. At this time our office remains open. We encourage customers to call instead of visiting and to take advantage of our online payment options for invoices and requests. https://www.purlsheetmetal.com/about/pay-invoice
We have done a series of things to make our environment as safe as possible. Keeping your home safe has been and always will be our top priority. In light of COVID-19, we would like to take this opportunity to share with you some of the steps we have taken and some of the procedures we have put in place to protect the health and safety of you, our customer, and our team.
- We have implemented enhanced cleaning procedures in our office, warehouse, and service vehicles following CDC and public health guidelines.
- Our advanced dispatch and accounting team will be working in the office or remotely to make sure there is no interruption in service to our customers.
- We have established policies to ensure that any of our employees with high risks stay home.
- We also have established that employees with any symptoms of any respiratory illness or fever stay home from work.
- Our technicians have safety kits that include face masks, gloves, and shoe covers. Our technicians will wear disposable shoe covers before entering your home.
- While in your home or business our technicians will avoid touching any non-essential installation, maintenance, or service items. We will also avoid close contact.
- We have limited access to our facilities to Purl’s Sheet Metal personnel and essential vendors only. We have discontinued all large gathering events for the next 30 days.
As you know the situation is fluid and will vary from community to community, we will do everything we can to protect our employees and to be available for our customers. If you have a service-related emergency, we encourage you to continue choosing Purl’s Sheet Metal & Air Conditioning. We appreciate your loyalty and trust as a valued customer.
March 17th, 2020
When water meets metal, there’s a chance for rust to start. Although water heaters are in danger of corroding, they’re manufactured to resist rust for many years. If you keep up with regular maintenance for your home’s water heater, as well as calling for water heater repair in Fresno, CA when needed, you probably won’t encounter signs of rust until the system is into its second decade.
But rust can happen. The conventional wisdom about rust on a water heater is it means the time has come to replace the unit. Is this always the case? Let’s look a bit deeper.