It may seem early to talk about readying your HVAC system for fall and winter, especially when your air conditioning may still be running, but in a few short weeks our temperatures will be significantly cooler. Preparing your HVAC system for winter now can get you ahead of potential problems without disrupting your household. Since 1952, Purl’s Sheet Metal & Air Conditioning has helped multiple customers prep their HVAC systems for the coming season, and we can help you, too.
Suggestion 1: Make Needed Repairs
Did you glide into this year’s cooling season without making needed repairs to your heating, or are you ignoring a current repair need for your AC? Such problems rarely go away, and they usually tend to get worse. Take advantage of the upcoming comfortable fall weather and get these issues inspected and repaired.
Suggestion 2: Schedule Maintenance
The two best times of year to schedule maintenance are spring and fall, because you can get ahead of the coming season. Maintenance helps prevent repairs, increases energy efficiency and helps extend the life of your HVAC unit. Purl’s Sheet Metal and Air Conditioning includes the following in HVAC maintenance appointment:
- Check and clean indoor air filter
- Check contactor for wear
- Check capacitor
- Check time delay
- Check & clean outdoor condenser coil
- Inspect indoor evaporator coil
- Inspect evaporator metering device
- Check compressor start & run amp draw
- Check for proper line & low voltage at A/C
- Check all line voltage electrical connections
- Check condenser fan motor running amperage
- Check and oil outdoor fan motor if applicable
- Check suction and liquid line temperature
- Verify proper refrigerant charge
- Verify indoor & outdoor temperatures
- Check A/C temperature split
- Inspect indoor blower
- Check & clean condensate pan & flush condensate line
- Check indoor thermostat for proper operation
- Explain any repairs that may be needed
Suggestion 3: Have Your Air Filter Changed
Clogged air filters can cause issues with air flow that can affect your whole system. By changing out the air filter in your HVAC system, you can easily prevent such issues.
Your air conditioning may have a few weeks left to work, but the cool air is coming. Get ahead of the season and get your system ready for colder weather by scheduling your HVAC maintenance or repair in Fresno with Purl’s Sheet Metal and Air Conditioning.