Homeowners are always looking for ways to lower their costs. Although it’s admirable to search for ways to save money and cut down on waste, taking this to extremes can lead to problems. For example, when it comes to HVAC services, people often ask these questions:
- “Why can’t I just do the work myself?”
- “Why can’t I let a handyman take care of the job for much less?”
There are many reasons why you shouldn’t attempt to go “do-it-yourself” with HVAC jobs, or allow non-professionals to do the work. It doesn’t matter whether the job is a small repair for a furnace or the installation of a new air conditioning system, you must hire qualified and experienced professionals for the work. Below are a few reasons why:
- Safety: Working with heating and air conditioning equipment can be hazardous for anyone who lacks professional training. This is especially true when dealing with natural gas systems, such as gas furnaces (the most common type of home heating system in the U.S.). There’s a high risk that an improperly installed or repaired natural gas heater will create dangers from carbon monoxide.
- Energy efficiency: Many important factors go into HVAC work, and mistakes can end up making a system into an energy waster. For example, sizing either an air conditioning or heating system wrong during an installation will result in a system that drains far more power than it should.
- One-and-done: Professionals aim to get the job done right the first time; their goal is to see that they won’t have to return a short time later to repair something that’s gone wrong. Amateur work often causes a chain reaction of repairs.
- Speed: Professional technicians know how to get a job done correctly and on time. Non-professionals will almost always work slower… and deliver substandard results.
- Insurance: A contractor with a license will have the proper insurance to protect you in case of an accident in your home during the HVAC work. You won’t have this protection with amateurs.
When you want a licensed HVAC contractor with the skill and experience necessary to handle great installation, replacement, repair, and maintenance services, call us. Quality is the cornerstone of our success!
Purl’s Sheet Metal & Air Conditioning is a licensed HVAC contractor that has served Clovis, CA and the rest of the Central Valley since 1952.