It’s hot outside in August, and it’ll be hot in September as well. Summer isn’t finished, and your home’s air conditioning system has hard work ahead of it.
And that’s one of the reasons it’s not too late to have your annual AC tune-up and inspection. We recommend our customers have this maintenance service done in spring because it gets the air conditioning system ready before the first of the big heat waves arrive, and it takes the most advantage of maintenance’s benefits. But, and this is the key point to remember, AC maintenance does not have an expiration date. It only needs to be done each year.
So, although we recommend having your future AC tune-ups done in spring if possible, it’s not too late to have the work done now. It’s far better than skipping it for a year.
Why “Later” Beats Out “Never”
What makes air conditioning maintenance so important that every HVAC professional recommends customers schedule it annually? Because these tune-ups and inspections are critical for keeping an air conditioning system from rapidly declining, causing it to become unreliable, more expensive to run, and less effective. We’ll break it down:
- Unreliable: Going up against the summer heat—especially in the Central Valley—with an air conditioning system that hasn’t been maintained is a risk. The AC has a higher chance of breaking down abruptly. It will also run into more repair troubles. Maintenance can eliminate more than 50% of the repairs a cooling system might otherwise need. An AC will last longer in general thanks to maintenance, while missing maintenance can remove years from its life.
- More expensive to run: The cleanings and adjustments our technicians perform during air conditioning system maintenance help stop the general decline that makes an AC drain more power than it should. If you keep current with maintenance, you can expect your air conditioning system to retain 95% of its original efficiency until close to the end of its service life.
- Less effective: Letting an AC decline without professional attention means it won’t work as well. If you notice you’re paying more to run the air conditioner, that’s probably because the air conditioner has to stay on longer to provide the cooling you need.
Our Ultimate Service Agreement
The best way to have your air conditioning tune-up in Fresno, CA done is to enroll in our Ultimate Service Agreement. When you join, you’ll receive two seasonal tune-ups each year: the air conditioner in spring and the heater in the fall. (Of course, if you need an AC tune-up now, we’re ready to help!) You’ll also receive the following membership benefits:
- Preferred customer status
- Discounts on repairs and upgrades
- 5-year warranty on all repairs we make
- Convenient scheduling—we call you so you won’t miss maintenance in the future
Don’t worry if you’re late to maintenance. We can help you get the best from your HVAC system now and in the future.
Call Purl’s Sheet Metal & Air Conditioning to schedule AC maintenance if you haven’t already. “Quality Is the Cornerstone of Our Success” since 1952.