This question is one we can start to answer by first asking another question:
Why are you thinking about a furnace replacement in mid-winter?
How you answer this can help guide your decision, although we always recommend you call our technicians about heating in Fresno, CA before making a major choice. Expert advice is best for a large decision like this. We can offer some advice here, but general recommendations are no substitute for working directly with pros. Our technicians can examine your furnace and house and work to find the right solution, whether it’s a replacement, repairs, or something else.
So … why are you thinking about replacing your furnace?
Let’s look at some of the answers you might give:
- The furnace appears to have broken down permanently – Call our repair technicians as soon as you can. You don’t want your home to be deprived of heat in the middle of winter, so whatever the solution is, you need to have it completed right away. Our team can determine if this is a breakdown that the furnace can’t come back from—not without spending more money than it’s worth. On the other hand, the issue may not be as bad as you think.
- The furnace has so many problems, I think it’s about to fail – The build-up of repairs may have you concerned that the furnace’s final failure is just around the corner. This is one of the better reasons to have the furnace replaced before spring arrives—and our technicians can help you make the choice.
- The furnace is exceptionally old – A furnace over 15 years old is getting up there in age and probably should be replaced soon. However, if age is the only thing you’re worried about and the furnace is otherwise working the way it should, you can probably wait about a month or two for warmer weather and then schedule a replacement.
- There’s a new type of furnace I really want – With plenty of high-efficiency models on the market, you might be eager to get rid of your older model and move forward. This is a legitimate reason to get a new furnace! For convenience, however, it’s also probably a good idea to wait for early spring before getting this work done.
- I suspect the furnace is dangerous – Have your carbon monoxide detectors gone off, or you have any other reason to believe your furnace is a hazard? Don’t worry about replacement specifically, worry about your family’s safety. If you haven’t had to evacuate your house because of the CO detectors going off, turn off the gas to the furnace and call for heating assistance right away. Our technicians will find out if the furnace is dangerous and if it’s best to replace it.
- The furnace costs too much to run – Often a strong sign that the furnace needs a replacement. How urgent it is depends on what our technicians discover about it.
Yes, you can replace a furnace in mid-winter—our technicians are glad to handle this service. But we want to help you make the right choice for your heating.
Schedule furnace service in the Central Valley with Purl’s Sheet Metal & Air Conditioning. “Quality Is the Cornerstone of Our Success” since 1952.