When you’re looking for a new appliance, whether an air conditioner or toaster, you’ll notice many items have a blue sticker on them that says ENERGY STAR. You’ll probably guess this means the device uses less energy than one that doesn’t have the label—but if you’re curious about what the it actually means, and how it can help you when it comes to new installation of an air conditioning system or heating system, we can shed some more light on this common label.
Purl's Sheet Metal & Air Conditioning Blog: Posts Tagged ‘Energy Savings’
There are several ways to reduce energy bills, save money and avoid costly repairs. Here are 10 ways from Purl’s Sheet Metal & Air Conditioning to help you reduce your spring and summer cooling costs in Madera and Fresno, CA.
- Schedule your air conditioning system to be serviced and ready for the summer season. This will ensure you are running at peak efficiency. Purl’s Sheet Metal & Air Conditioning has a NATE certified and trained team of service technicians to help you get your air conditioning system ready for the HOT summer in Fresno, CA. When your cooling system does not have to work extra hard it will save you money. The best time to have your air conditioner serviced in Fresno, CA is before the hot temperatures become extreme.
- Install a programmable thermostat to help reduce energy costs. Set your thermostat for your family’s home comfort level when you are home, and decrease temperatures in the when you away. If you don’t have a programmable thermostat, raise the thermostat level in your home by several degree’s while you are away to cut energy consumption. New advances in technology offer Wi-Fi capable thermostats for additional cost savings. For a full line of energy saving thermostats, visit the experts at Purl’s Sheet Metal & Air Conditioning in Madera, CA.
- Change the air filters for your HVAC system regularly. A dirty air filter can increase energy consumption and damage your equipment leading to poor performance or early failure. Make sure your air filter is the sized properly for your system.
- Keep the shades and window coverings closed to reduce radiant heat from the sun.
- Consider sealing your cooling ducts in the attic. Sealing your duct work can improve air flow and increase the efficiency of your HVAC system by as much as 20 percent. Purl’s Sheet Metal specialists can test your duct work for airflow leakage and seal the duct work if needed.
- Turn off electronic appliances when not in use. Use the dishwasher, washing machine & dryer in the evening and in “off” peak energy hours.
- Plant trees or shrubs to shade the southern facing windows.
- Keep the ducts and vents in the house open to assure good air flow.
- Check the weather stripping around the windows, doors and attic. Seal any area’s where air may be leaking.
- If you have older cooling equipment, (10 yrs. or older), you might consider replacing it with a new high efficiency cooling system. If your system is not keeping your home comfortable, contact our professional team at Purl’s Sheet Metal & Air Conditioning to find out what new options are available. In Fresno CA, the hot weather can be extreme and last for months. Upgrading your home cooling equipment is a great way to cut your annual energy bills. In the summer months there are often great factory rebates and financing options available.
Manage your home or business comfort level remotely from anywhere with a smart phone, computer or tablet. With a new wireless, Wi-Fi enabled thermostat installed by Purl’s Sheet Metal & Air Conditioning in Madera and Fresno, you have the ability to control your heating and cooling needs quickly and efficiently from anywhere.
At Purl’s Sheet Metal in Madera and Fresno, we can professionally install this new technology in your home or business. These thermostats have large color touch screen programmable displays and are easy to use. Screens have customizable backgrounds and screen savers to display up to 100 of your home or business photos. The “at a glance” heat and cool indicators offer instant status information on the heating and cooling of your HVAC system.
Set reminders for scheduling service and air filter changes. Some thermostats can send email alerts when there is a potential problem or break down with your HVAC system. Many thermostat systems have the ability to show you how much energy are saving and offer monthly energy comparisons.
One of the most valuable features of this thermostat is instant access and control. Have you ever left home and forgot to adjust your HVAC system? With a Wi-Fi enabled system you can remotely make changes to the settings of your thermostat. Want to make sure your employees have not over adjusted your thermostat settings and then left for a long weekend? You can quickly log on to monitor and adjust your system for anywhere in the world.
The initial purchase cost of a Wi-Fi, wireless programmable thermostat can cost more than a standard programmable thermostat. But the benefits in energy savings and cost savings in Madera and Fresno should off-set the original expense in a short amount of time.
At Purl’s Sheet Metal our sales team and service technicians are qualified and trained to help you choose the right thermostat for your home or business in Madera or Fresno. They will take the time to teach you how to use your new Wi-Fi enabled thermostat and make sure you are getting the most benefit possible.
No need to wait, give us a call or schedule service online to install the new Wi-Fi enabled thermostat today!