There are several ways to reduce energy bills, save money and avoid costly repairs. Here are 10 ways from Purl’s Sheet Metal & Air Conditioning to help you reduce your spring and summer cooling costs in Madera and Fresno, CA.
- Schedule your air conditioning system to be serviced and ready for the summer season. This will ensure you are running at peak efficiency. Purl’s Sheet Metal & Air Conditioning has a NATE certified and trained team of service technicians to help you get your air conditioning system ready for the HOT summer in Fresno, CA. When your cooling system does not have to work extra hard it will save you money. The best time to have your air conditioner serviced in Fresno, CA is before the hot temperatures become extreme.
- Install a programmable thermostat to help reduce energy costs. Set your thermostat for your family’s home comfort level when you are home, and decrease temperatures in the when you away. If you don’t have a programmable thermostat, raise the thermostat level in your home by several degree’s while you are away to cut energy consumption. New advances in technology offer Wi-Fi capable thermostats for additional cost savings. For a full line of energy saving thermostats, visit the experts at Purl’s Sheet Metal & Air Conditioning in Madera, CA.
- Change the air filters for your HVAC system regularly. A dirty air filter can increase energy consumption and damage your equipment leading to poor performance or early failure. Make sure your air filter is the sized properly for your system.
- Keep the shades and window coverings closed to reduce radiant heat from the sun.
- Consider sealing your cooling ducts in the attic. Sealing your duct work can improve air flow and increase the efficiency of your HVAC system by as much as 20 percent. Purl’s Sheet Metal specialists can test your duct work for airflow leakage and seal the duct work if needed.
- Turn off electronic appliances when not in use. Use the dishwasher, washing machine & dryer in the evening and in “off” peak energy hours.
- Plant trees or shrubs to shade the southern facing windows.
- Keep the ducts and vents in the house open to assure good air flow.
- Check the weather stripping around the windows, doors and attic. Seal any area’s where air may be leaking.
- If you have older cooling equipment, (10 yrs. or older), you might consider replacing it with a new high efficiency cooling system. If your system is not keeping your home comfortable, contact our professional team at Purl’s Sheet Metal & Air Conditioning to find out what new options are available. In Fresno CA, the hot weather can be extreme and last for months. Upgrading your home cooling equipment is a great way to cut your annual energy bills. In the summer months there are often great factory rebates and financing options available.