Are you one of the many homeowners who are looking for ways to improve theirs houses so they’re more energy efficient and make better use of renewable energy technology, but aren’t sure the best way to go about it so that it’s both practical and affordable? Then the HERO Program is here to help you!
Purl's Sheet Metal & Air Conditioning Blog: Archive for the ‘Home Improvement’ Category
The Home Energy Renovation Opportunity (HERO) Program makes purchasing and installing eligible energy-efficient and water-saving upgrades more affordable for homeowners. Start your home renovation project with no money down and get fixed rates and flexible terms of 5-20 years. Hero is offered in partnership with your local cities or counties. Approval is based on your homes equity, not your credit score. Start your home renovation project with no money down. Repayments are mad through your property taxes. The HERO program offers potential tax benefits and interest on HERO payments may be tax deductible. All HERO-Registered contractors are licensed and verified and have completed the HERO training program.
Purl’s Sheet Metal & Air Conditioning is a registered HERO Contractor. Contact us today to find out more about the HERO program and the HVAC products to make your home more comfortable and energy efficient. (559) 674-2774.
Insulation is one of the keys to keeping a home both comfortable and energy-saving throughout the year. Insulation serves as a barrier against the movement of heat, so in summer it keeps out excessive heat from moving indoors (sparing your air conditioning system a lot of extra labor) and during the winter it helps to trap heat indoors (which gives your heating system a welcome break).
The rain gutters on a house serve a number of important jobs that people often don’t consider. If your home lacks rain gutters, or if its current gutters are old, damaged, and falling apart, you should contact experienced professionals to install new ones in time for winter rains.
There are several ways to reduce energy bills, save money and avoid costly repairs. Here are 10 ways from Purl’s Sheet Metal & Air Conditioning to help you reduce your spring and summer cooling costs in Madera and Fresno, CA.
- Schedule your air conditioning system to be serviced and ready for the summer season. This will ensure you are running at peak efficiency. Purl’s Sheet Metal & Air Conditioning has a NATE certified and trained team of service technicians to help you get your air conditioning system ready for the HOT summer in Fresno, CA. When your cooling system does not have to work extra hard it will save you money. The best time to have your air conditioner serviced in Fresno, CA is before the hot temperatures become extreme.
- Install a programmable thermostat to help reduce energy costs. Set your thermostat for your family’s home comfort level when you are home, and decrease temperatures in the when you away. If you don’t have a programmable thermostat, raise the thermostat level in your home by several degree’s while you are away to cut energy consumption. New advances in technology offer Wi-Fi capable thermostats for additional cost savings. For a full line of energy saving thermostats, visit the experts at Purl’s Sheet Metal & Air Conditioning in Madera, CA.
- Change the air filters for your HVAC system regularly. A dirty air filter can increase energy consumption and damage your equipment leading to poor performance or early failure. Make sure your air filter is the sized properly for your system.
- Keep the shades and window coverings closed to reduce radiant heat from the sun.
- Consider sealing your cooling ducts in the attic. Sealing your duct work can improve air flow and increase the efficiency of your HVAC system by as much as 20 percent. Purl’s Sheet Metal specialists can test your duct work for airflow leakage and seal the duct work if needed.
- Turn off electronic appliances when not in use. Use the dishwasher, washing machine & dryer in the evening and in “off” peak energy hours.
- Plant trees or shrubs to shade the southern facing windows.
- Keep the ducts and vents in the house open to assure good air flow.
- Check the weather stripping around the windows, doors and attic. Seal any area’s where air may be leaking.
- If you have older cooling equipment, (10 yrs. or older), you might consider replacing it with a new high efficiency cooling system. If your system is not keeping your home comfortable, contact our professional team at Purl’s Sheet Metal & Air Conditioning to find out what new options are available. In Fresno CA, the hot weather can be extreme and last for months. Upgrading your home cooling equipment is a great way to cut your annual energy bills. In the summer months there are often great factory rebates and financing options available.